The Master's College announced on May 6, 2016 that it will change its name to The Master's University. The institution opened in 1927 as the Los Angeles Baptist Theological Seminary. A baccalaureate program was added in 1946 and this collegiate division became Los Angeles Baptist College in 1961. The name was then changed to The Master's College in 1985.
A timeline and historical sketch are available on the institution's website.