Emily Van de Riet has a very interesting short sketch of Webster University's history with highlights of the first 100 years published in The Journal. Webster also has a website with links to a timeline, a variety of centennial activities
The institution was founded in 1915 by the Sisters of Loretto as Loretto College to educate young women. The name changed to Webster College in 1925. The religious affiliation ended in 1967 and the institution became co-ed the following year. The name changed again in 1968 to Webster University. A short historical video is available on YouTube.