The Explore Chicago Collections (ECC) website provides access to collections at archives of a number of Chicago institutions. You can browse through descriptions of collections and scan images relating to higher education that include students, buildings, architectural sketches, and graduating class photos.
Or, you can easily search the collections by topic, neighborhood, or city. The following Chicago Daily News photograph of the St. Vincent's College football team in 1908 is just one example.
I found information on several institutional collections:
- Michael Reese Hospital School of Nursing records, 1893-1981
- Guide to the Records of The Woman's College of Northwestern University, 1872-1893
- Guide to the Records of the Evanston College For Ladies, 1869-1933
- Mundelein College History Project records, 1994-2002.
- Mundelein College Oral Histories, 1993-2003.
- Guide to the Records of the Union College of Law, 1873-1885, 1889
- Midwest College of Engineering Collection, 1967-1994
- Chicago Normal College records, 1913-1938
- J.N. Reynolds' student papers from Bell's Commercial College
The member institutions contributing to the ECC site include:
- Alliance Française
- Art Institute of Chicago
- Chicago History Museum
- Chicago Public Library
- Chicago State University
- Chicago Zoological Society's Brookfield Zoo
- Columbia College Chicago
- DePaul University
- Illinois Institute of Technology
- Lake Forest College
- Loyola University Chicago
- Newberry Library
- Northwestern University
- Roosevelt University
- School of the Art Institute of Chicago
- Theatre Historical Society of America
- University of Chicago
- University of Illinois at Chicago