The Saint Paul School of Theology web site offers information on holdings of records for a Methodist institution intended to better prepare women for roles providing education and social services to immigrant and other urban residents. The site includes a helpful bibliography on the deaconess movement and a number of photographs.
The institution was initially founded in 1899 in Kansas City, KS. It moved to Kansas City, MO in 1904 as the Kansas City National Training School for Deaconeses and Missionaries. The name was changed to the National Training School for Christian Workers in 1933, the National College for Christian Workers in 1945, and to National College in 1958. The institution explored a cooperative merger with Saint Paul before closing in 1964.