Saturday, January 25, 2014

Piedmont College (GA) History



Excellent short video relates the history of Piedmont College in Demorest, GA.  

The institution was founded as J. and S. Green Collegiate Institute and the name changed in 1899 to J.S. Green College.  The community initially looked to Methodist Churches for support, but after 1901 was affiliated with the American Missionary Board of the Congregational Church.  The name of Piedmont College was adopted in 1903.