calendar of anniversary events, the history of the college, 150th anniversary timeline, and a short video.
Morehouse begun 1867 as The Augusta Institute in Augusta, Georgia. It moved to Atlanta and adopted a new name as Atlanta Baptist Seminary in 1879. The first college degree was awarded in 1883. The name was changed to Atlanta Baptist College in 1897 and to Morehouse College in 1913.