Sunday, October 16, 2016

The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Celebrates Centennial

Emily Miels reports for the Eau Claire (WI) Leader-Telegram on the history of the institution and activities planned this fall in "100 years of 'Excellence': UW-Eau Claire celebrates centennial."

The institution was founded in 1916 as Eau Claire State Normal School.  The name changed to Eau Claire State Teachers College in 1927.  It changed again in 1951 to Wisconsin State College at Eau Claire, to Wisconsin State University-Eau Claire in 1964, and to the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire in 1971.