History of Charles City Hall at Morningside College
Tim Gallagher provides a historical sketch in the Sioux City Journal, "Charles City Hall links three colleges." The building was initially constructed to house the University of the Northwest that operated in Sioux City from 1890-1894. The building is named for Charles City College that was founded by German Methodists in Charles City, Iowa. Charles City College closed and merged with Morningside College in 1914.