New Orleans City Business reports that Our Lady of Holy Cross College is changing its name to the University of Holy Cross.
The institution serves as a ministry of the Marianites of the Holy Cross and was founded in 1916. It initially operated as Holy Cross Normal School. The name was changed to The College Department of the Academy of Holy Angels once baccalaureate degrees were offered following 1938. The name was changed to Our Lady of Holy Cross College in 1960.