Sunday, February 23, 2014

Ottumwa Heights College (IA)

Ottumwa Heights College is featured in a post at Lost Womyn's Space.

Ottumwa Heights was a private college operated by the Sisters of Humility of Mary. Its roots can be traced back to the 1860s, when the Visitation Academy was established in Ottumwa.  It was renamed as St. Joseph Academy in 1925 and then to St. Joseph Junior College in 1930.  The Ottumwa Heights College name was adopted five years later.  On July 1, 1979 the boards of Indian Hills Community College and Ottumwa Heights College merged operations.