Sunday, December 15, 2013

Maranatha Baptist University (WI)


The Watertown, WI Daily Times reports on December 14, 2013 that Maranatha Baptist Bible College is changing its name to become Maranatha Baptist University.  Maranatha was established by Dr. B. Myron Cedarholm and his wife, Thelma, in 1968.  The institution acquired property from the Brothers of the Congregation of the Holy Cross at Notre Dame.  

The Congregation of the Holy Cross initially opened Sacred Heart College in 1872.  The college closed from 1886-1888 while a college preparatory academy continued in operation.  In 1912 the property was transferred to the Brothers of the Congregation of the Holy Cross to serve as a postulate for candidates aspiring to enter the priesthood.  Then in 1955 Sacred Heart Military Academy was founded and after 1968, moved to Rolling Prairie, Indiana as LeMans Academy.