The Beaumont Inn in Harrodsburg, KY maintains a well designed page of pictures and text covering the history of the Main Inn. The building was initially constructed in 1845 to serve as a school for young women. It was owned by Dr. Samuel Mullins and operated as Greenville Institute until 1855. For the next forty years, the school was known as Daughters College and was under the direction of Mr. John Augustus Williams, former president of the University of Kentucky. Thomas Smith then operated Beaumont College from 1894 until 1916.
The Kentuckiana Digital Library offers a .pdf version of the History of Daughters College (1856-1893) : and its founder John Augustus Williams written by Ann Shanks Bourne.